09 November, 2015

October WrapUp & November BOokhaul


A month has passed and sadly I haven't read much! (damn it school, just damn it) Or maybe I shouldn't blame school for that...Yeah I shouldn't if I wanted I could surely quit reading fanfictions and get to my books OR stop playing the goddamn PC games (no they are not, pc games are amazing <3). aaaand yeah also have a roleplay blog on tumblr, taking most of my times. 

Alright  let me stop complaining and making up excuses for not reading, solemnly my fault I get it. But hei! It's hard time for me! And reading slumps are not helping it much either!



First of the Wrap-up for the month of October.

The only book I've managed to get through is Brooding city, by Tom Shutt. And I've already rated it two out of five stars, because well:



"Didn't leave a good feeling at the end, I was confused, having trouble to understand what was happening. It looks like there are two stories in one book. I also had lots of questions toward the background story which went on behind it. Would recommend to focus just on one character development." Mimi, 2015

Quoted from  review on Goodreads. (if you really want to read my full review it's HERE).

Anyway, do fanfictions count as reading? Because hell I've read tons and tons of them, mostly with Mycroft, Sherly ummm Crowley and whole supernatural people. *blushes*

Moving onto the Bookhaul of November!!

Most of my books from October moved in here, I'm currently third way through Fangirl and I'm kind of liking it. Can't say I'm in love with the book because I'm tasting new waters here. This is a kind of books I've scarcely read before and still trying to process down of what is happening. 

Then there is halfway done Verne's Around the world in eighty days which is basically a compulsory read and it goes on slowwwly. It's only that I don't like many descriptions huddled up together and this is what this book is about. Mostly descriptions and lack of dialogues. But it can do, I found love in classics lately and will be reading more of them soon.



And lastly the books I have received from author! Which came with the amazing note of being accepted as permanent reviewer so I'm utterly happy and already quarter through the first book, because hell it's amazing. Angels and demons? Finally my kind of thing out of these books. *grins widely*

I hope that this month will be far more productive than the last one. My two babies (Crown of Midnight and Heir of fire) are patiently waiting till I can get to them. Yet a thought ran through my mind to buy the rest of the books in the series and have a quick marathon through out one weekend or the best would be through the Winter holidays! Oh yes..I need that right now....gotta go  back to procrastinating..yeah, now where was I in Assassin's creed? hmmm....oh yes killing a templar agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment