15 November, 2015

The guardian, a sword and stilettos ~ review



Format: Ebook (.mobi) | 282 pages
Size: 1281 KB
Publication date: 10 May 2015
Sold by: Amazon, co.

Goodreads  |  Amazon


Zoe Jabril could be just another 17-year-old girl attending parties with her friends and checking out cute guys—except her best friend is a Guardian Angel, and the boy she crushes on is a Nephilim, half-angel, both sent to Earth to protect her. A high school classmate happens to be a trendsetting shopaholic fairy. And now there’s a new werewolf in town.

Zoe has to deal with her feelings toward Shay, who spreads a strange electrical current through her body every time he touches her. Now Zoe is under constant attack from demons, trying to kill and stop her from fulfilling the Prophecy: a girl will be born who will unite the Enlightens to battle evil. Then on top of that, between boring homework and drama with girls at school, she has to control new found talents if she’s to prevent the devil from escaping Hell.

In order to do so, Zoe must devise a kick-ass plan ASAP or watch everyone die, because she’s running out of time. She turns eighteen in two months—the date Armageddon kicks off.


I should start saying that this was sent to me as a kind of ARC. From author yet again and from start as I saw the synopsis I knew I would love it. Because honestly, angels and demons? That's my thing, even all the supernatural!!!
It was yet again a book with first person POV, but hell, I think I'm starting to like these kind of books. I didn't mind it at all and it didn't even feel weird for me. I fell in love with it instantly. The story is fluid, continuous. Easy to read with not so complicated sentences. Oh! I have to say that the first few chapters got my attention completely. Couldn't put it down...(resulted in almost my Kindle being taken by my Maths teacher...BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT!)

The characters are cute and the way Zoe and Shay fell in love, step by step. Gorgeous! Need more fluff in this world! The development of the main character - Zoe- was clear, getting to accept the ordeal she was born into. I fell in love with Shay as well. I have no idea if the authors purpose was to fall in love with the book or any other characters, but it definitely worked on me! I even felt pity for the poor Kieran.
The world that was created and explained was flawless. Now when I come to think of it...was there anything I didn't like? Oh..yes. HOW DID IT END WITH SHAY  AND ZOE???!! I have to know! I just have to, my life isn't full if I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment