17 September, 2016

TBR Tuesday ~ Mŕtvy na pekelnom vrchu (The Dead on the Hell's Hill)

Mŕtvy na pekelnom vrchu
(The Dead on the Hell's Hill)




Author: Juraj Červenák
Page Count: 254
Genre: Historical fiction, thriller, detective, slavic history
Publisher:  Slovart
Release date: 2013
Language: Slovak

I picked up this book uppon a recommendation from a family friend. She, as a lover of detective stories recommended me this author when I mentioned I really liked when there was folklore and mythology implemented into the stories. What surprised me is that this is my home country author I've never heard of before.

Still synopsis tells me it might be quite interesting. Yet I didn't pick it, for myself as I wanted to thank my tutor on my work practice where I spent a total of 3 weeks over my student years. She taught me many things and as we were talking I found out what books she liked. The only thing I worry is that she wouldn't like it or already has the book at home, but let's hope she doesn't ;).
Anyway it is about two males Captain Stein and Barbarič (who is a Commissioner of Oaths) who are trying to solve crimes that often go to history. It is a first book of a 4 book series. It's set in area of the 16th century Slovakia (which by the way wasn't even existing in that time because we were occupied by Hungarians). Also I've heard that there might be mentioned the Turkish invasion which did happen in our history. 

Let's see how it goes. I couldn't hold back and read the first few lines and it's starting  rather bloody. It's descirbing the place of a fight. The book is rather thin so I think it will be a quick read compared to the 400 paged giants I have borrowed from my friend. The fact it's in my mother tongue makes it a tad easier to read and I can move through the pages quicker.


No comments:

Post a Comment