25 November, 2015

The Masquerade, an Altar and a Fairy ~ review

Format: Ebook (.mobi) | 142 pages
Size: 5 196 KB
Publication date: 19 August 2015
Publisher: Kasian publishing

Goodreads  |  Amazon


Frustrated with her extravagant duties as a Summer fairy, Sidelle Amistad is desperate to prove she can be more than a petty princess. The accidental capture of Winter fairy, Finnegan, looks like the ideal opportunity — until Sidelle and Finnegan fall in love. 

Knowing her love for Finnegan is forbidden, a heartbroken Sidelle searches for deeper meaning in her eternal existence. Her pain leads her on a quest to help the humans … in a desperate fight against Hell itself.


Just as the first book, this was sent to me in an ARC, sort of... And I have to admit I wasn't disappointed. 
It is a short novella about one of the main characters in the first book The Guardian, a Sword and Stilettos, Sidelle. The summer fairy. I did notice the reference to her past in the first book and I was curious of what had happened. This book satisfied my needs, because it describes the life of Lady of the Summer, which Sidelle is, and all of  her adventures since her childhood. How she managed to slip into the world of Ordinaries, how she got involved with the angels and with seeking the Redeemer.

Throughout the book you can notice the way she had developed from a naive fairy to a strong member of royal family after one single event, that changed her life entirely. The affair that was going on between her and the Winter fairy, kind of reminded me of the story of Romeo and Juliet, yet it was a neat adaptation with far much better ending.

I think that the book itself could be read without even reading the main book, because all of the details and even the additional info is mentioned in this small novella. The star rating says everything that needs to be done about this series. Not to mention I've noticed another book had come out recently! I think it's about the Winter fairy this time, and I took liking in that cheeky male, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment