13 October, 2015

OCTOBER BoOkHAUL

After not so patiently waiting for the books to arrive from the UK, (like come ooon! Week is so long to wait for your dream books) *sigh* I present you the books for the month of Octorber! I know it's the middle of the month, but I had to wait for all the books to arrive.
In total I have 8 books to present you, out of which 7 are physical copies.



I also devided them into three groups:
  • Book for review (1)
  • Compulsory reads (2)
  • Books for my pleasure (MY PRECIOUSSS) (5)

I'll start with the smallest group and that is the book for review. It was sent to me by Tom Shutt on the request on goodreads as an e-book. The deadline I have set for the review is 11th of November. (so you know when to come and check it xP).



TOM SHUTT - Brooding city
Format: E-book (.mobi) | 236 pages
Size: 3 529 KB
Publication date: 01 Sept 2015
Sold by: Amazon Digital Servisec, Inc.

A homicide detective must chase down a violent drug lord whose product is leaving a trail of bodies in its wake. Detective Brennan is aided by having a special power—he innately knows when someone is lying to him or telling the truth. There are others like him, though, and his dreams are haunted by deadly agents from his own shady past. Meanwhile, in the valley outside the city, a young boy comes into his own power of downloading other people’s memories on touch, and he uncovers old secrets that threaten to tear his whole family apart. His power also makes him a prime target for the aforementioned shadowy dream-stalking agents, since his brain lights up like a beacon at night with so many memories crammed inside.


Onto the next group compulsory reads. Now let me just say it's not necessarily chosen for us. But we have to have two books in english read per year (so one book per half-year) and then at least 2 classics from English authors. Soooo..I have one French and Russian author. why not..yeah -sigh-


JULE VERNE - Around the world in 80 days
Format: Paperback | 224 pages
Dimensions: 111 x 178 x 29mm | 170g
Publication date: 01 Apr 2010

HarperCollins is proud to present its new range of best-loved, essential classics. 'Phileas Fogg was one of those mathematically exact people, who, never hurried and always ready, are economical of their steps and their motions. He never made one stride too many, always going by the shortest route. He did not give an idle look. He did not allow himself a superfluous gesture.' When Phileas Fogg wagers a bet that he can travel across the globe in just 80 days, little does he know about the epic journey that he is about to undertake. With his faithful French servant, Passepartout, Phileas Fogg embarks on the adventure of a lifetime, travelling across four continents by whatever means he can - train, elephant, steam ship - and experiencing endless surprises and mishaps along the way.



LEO TOLSTOJ - Anna Karenina
Format: Paperback | 848 pages
Dimensions: 126 x 196 x 46mm | 557.92g
Publication date: 01 Aug 1997
Sold by: Wordsworth Editions Ltd
(too lazy to take another photo - the first one wasn't looking good)

Translated by Louise and Aylmer Maude. Introduction and Notes by E.B. Greenwood, University of Kent. Anna Karenina is one of the most loved and memorable heroines of literature. Her overwhelming charm dominates a novel of unparalleled richness and density. Tolstoy considered this book to be his first real attempt at a novel form, and it addresses the very nature of society at all levels,- of destiny, death, human relationships and the irreconcilable contradictions of existence. It ends tragically, and there is much that evokes despair, yet set beside this is an abounding joy in life's many ephemeral pleasures, and a profusion of comic relief.





Now onto the fun part! But I have to be honest! I had read one of the books before the other arrived and I was able to make this Haul. I couldn't resist!

TAHEREH MAFI - Shatter me
Format: Paperback | 338 pages
Dimensions: 134 x 202 x 26mm | 280g
Publication date: 16 Oct 2012
I have a curse.I have a gift.I'm a monster. I'm more than human.My touch is lethal.My touch is power.I am their weapon.I will fight back.No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon. But Juliette has plans of her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time--and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a riveting dystopian world, a thrilling superhero story, and an unforgettable heroine.


Now come two books at ones because, hell the series are awesome!


can't wait to start reading them, but I think it'll have to wait. And I also promised Crown of Midnight as a buddy read, so yeah. Together they have over 418+565 = 983 pages! god...this month is going to be...rough.





And now I have an anomaly in my books! I've decided I'll return to my mother tongue and read books in it too. I borrowed TFIOS (which in Slovak is translated as "Na vine sú hviezdy" if you were interested xP) from my mother. We have a niiiice hardback.







I have  also borrowed a book from my friend..which is now going to have to borrow me all her books (devil laugh *muahahahaha*). And that is Fangirl (Fanúšička). To be honest with ya'll I hate slovak translations. But I guess that lack of money will do the job for me to start borrowing and reading in my mother tongue once again.







That's all from me for now! and I know it was tiresome and long as hell. (my longest post ever tbh *cheers* let's celebrate if you made it this far!)


No comments:

Post a Comment