11 October, 2015

Shatter me ~ review

Format: Paperback | 338 pages
Dimensions: 134 x 202 x 26mm | 280g
Publication date: 16 Oct 2012
Sold by: HarperCollins Publishers Inc


I have a curse.I have a gift.I'm a monster. I'm more than human.My touch is lethal.My touch is power.I am their weapon.I will fight back.No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon. But Juliette has plans of her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time--and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a riveting dystopian world, a thrilling superhero story, and an unforgettable heroine.




From start I was quite perplexed. I don't read books written in present tense, nor do I read  books written in first person point of view. Still maybe it was this that kept me reading the book till the end and hell I wasn't disappointed.
I have to mention that when I saw the book arrive and everytime I look at the cover I sing this song (WARNING: link will send you over to youtube and the song starts playing!). Also the cover is so beautiful, so in love with it.

Okay, okay..to the review. Focus. The information in the book is evenly distributed and it doesn't hit the reader in the face straight away with too much information. Book has bit depressing mood, but the way it is described, makes you get into the skin of the heroin.

Speaking of which there was a great development of the character. Thanks to the point of view, you could watch every exact thought she had and how it slowly changed from self loathing to accepting of what she is. Furthermore I love the way she is happy of the simplest things like the wind or being outside, many people lack this ability these days.
It is very similar to other dystopian books, but not in the way of the plot development. The idea behind is brand new. I had no idea what, but i had to read it without much pauses. It was impossible to put down for longer than 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment