12 August, 2015

Fanfiction with Nightwish part I

I've lived in Kitee for a while now. Year and half to be precise. My boss thinks that I can be a good biographer. I had written only two life stories; one about a singer and the other about a actor; and they became bestsellers so he moved me here to Kitee, Finland.

My worst worry was about meeting Nightwish. I like their music quite a lot, yet I knew one member personally. Jukka. Jukka Nevalainen. My ex-boyfriend.
We broke up before Nightwish got formed. The reason of breaking up is still unclear to me. Maybe I wasn't good enough? Did Tuomas put pressure on him? I was still thinking of it. Even after 4 years since our break up.

As I stared out of a cafeteria window doubting my self-esteem some other person sat opposite of me. It was a man. Tall blond Finn, his face wide with blue eyes under his also blond eyebrows. His shoulders were slightly moved inward. The sign of nervousness.
"This table's occupied, I'm sorry..." I started in English, but his slight smile stopped me.
"I can see that," he looked at me up and down which made me feel uneasy.
"What do you want?" I asked him pulling my handbag toward me. Just in case I'll need to run away.
"Look...no need to worry, I won't kidnap you or something. Your boss's recommending you as a biographer and as I am manager of a band...." I felt relieved once more, but it didn' last too long. After hearing the last sentence my heart skipped.
"Please, not Nightwish..." I thought for myself and clutched the bag in my hands. My knocks getting white. He looked at me with the eyebrows raised.
"Everything okay?"
"I...um, and which band exactly?" I put m strand of hair behind my ear. He leaned toward me and in quiet whisper said what I didn't want to hear. Nightwish.
"Do you want that place?" I looked down biting my lower lip. I was thinking.
"What it'll be like to see HIM again? You'll see Nightwish, you should be happy! But what if..." I kept quiet longer than I thought so the Finn started to leave.
"So I guess no?" he sighed. "Well I can still ask Marcelo." Taking his jacket he left the shop. Leaving my things be, I ran out.
"I'll take it! I'll take it." I said and then closed my eyes like in pain. The thought of Jukka hurt me."He's married," I tried to calm myself, but it just made me feel worse. The man smiled.
"Thank you." He raised his hand offering t for a shake. "I'm Ewo Pohjola." I doubtfully put my small hand into his.
"Miriama." I sighed and in quiet tone added. "Torpainen." I looked up at his face to see his reaction, but there was none. He didn't know.
"Thank you Julius," I thanked him in thoughts. Ewo let go off my hand and took out one cigarette opening the box toward me.
"No thank you...So when shall we meet? I mean the band and I?" I asked carefully, not wanting to lose my new job offer. Ewo smirked.
"As I thought, everybody's eager to meet them. We can go now if you don't have anything else to do." I glanced through the cafeteria window.
"I'll just pick my things up." I lowered my head as I entered, took my things and thanked for the coffee.
"Do you have a car?" he asked while getting into his. I shook my head and he opened door in front. "Get in."

Next

No comments:

Post a Comment