18 June, 2015

Free books and then some

Everyone likes free books, right? And why not spread the word where to get them when it's cost free? 

So first of people who own Kindle are lucky, they get free books from Amazon, even when the paperbacks or hardbacks cost 14€. But fear not! There is also an app for android or ios called The kindle app . It's basically book reader for tablets and phones. Yet it's free and people on low budget like me might greatly appreciate it.

This is how the app looks like, for those who don't know:

  



Alright after we tackled that I can tell you that some bestsellers are there for free! Including the UnEnchanted which normally costs around 15€. The books I have purchased for free are usually only the first books in the series, yet I think it's really good to get to know new authors and books. I, myself , downloaded a couple of them comprising of:



  • Unenchanted by Chanda Hahn 
From the synopsis which is on Amazon I gathered that it's about a girl who isn't popular and saves her crushes life becoming a hero over night. She is the Grimm Brothers' descendant, which brings a curse along. She needs to finish the tales they left behind.
I think this book might be very interesting for I didn't really get to read the original Grimm's fairly tales and I'm looking forward to reading it. Might be I'll purchase the whole series later on.
  • Double Dare by Rhonda Neslon
It is a romantic comedy, not really the style I prefer, but I think it's never too late to start reading a new kind of books. Let's see what it will bring. It's about a runaway bride who is trying to catch up to do with which a guy helps her.
  • The Mind Readers by  Lori Brighton
Another fantasy book, now about a girl who is considered freak because she can read minds. Then a mysterious man appears and offers her freedom, which soon turns out to be a lie. After other's find out about her abilities they try to use her to their extent. I'm so excited to read this book. Mind reading always intrigued. I hope it will be good.
  • The Paranormal 13 by multiple authors
13 free books featuring witches, vampires, werewolves, mermaids, psychics, Loki, time travel and more. Fantasy lovers it's time to download these books. I really can't wait to finish the book I'm reading to start this one.
  •  Chronicles of Dragon: The Hero, The Sword and the Dragons by Craig Halloran
From what I gathered this a series of at least 10 books, so I have no idea when I'll read that. My to read list is so long already. But anyway, it's about a man who is destined to be dragon but to become one he has to save them. I think the story will be about him saving dragons, one in each book.
  • The Descent Series: Death's Hand, The Darkest Gate, Dark Union by S. M. Reine
Three urban fantasy books. It's about a demon hunter who refuses to kill any more demons and lives a normal life. She goes to collage and got a job. But that doesn't take long till her knowledge is needed again.
  • Treasure Island by R. L. Stevenson
The classic. Let's not forget about them. And honestly, even tho I'm a huge fantasy fan, I don't throw fantasy books away. A voyage for burried treasure spells trouble for a cabin boy Jim Hawkins, who finds himself in the middle of a mutiny with some of the nastiest pirates to ever sail the seven seas.

  • The Soulkeepers by G. P. Ching
A young boy rescued from under the car searches for his mother who disappeared in the car accident. His neighbour offers help with her magical powers, but soon he is entangled in lies and half-truths.
  • Supernatural Touch (9 full-length books) by  multiple authors 
Another bundle of fantasy books for free. Again there are only the first books to get to know the new authors!

Now onto the "some books" which I ordered online, they were really cheep and I had to have them. These are:

The book thief - classic which I haven't surprisingly read, neither had I saw the movie so I'm really excited to have it on my shelf
The invisible man - I heard that it is a really good book and it was fairly cheap, for 4€ only!
A handbook of Norse mythology -  I couldn't find it anywhere in Slovak stores so when I found it on the website I just quickly grabbed it, while it was still available.





No comments:

Post a Comment