12 May, 2016

Vampire Academy ~ review

Format: Audiobook
Size: 187 MB
Publication date: 28 August 2008
Publisher: Penguin Putnam Inc



Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with a rare gift for harnessing the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest vampires - the ones who never die. The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend, makes her a dhampir. Rose is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from the Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making Lissa one of them.

After two years of freedom, Rose and Lissa are caught and dragged back to St. Vladimir's Academy, a school for vampire royalty and their guardians-to-be, hidden in the deep forests of Montana. But inside the iron gates, life is even more fraught with danger . . . and the Strigoi are always close by.

Rose and Lissa must navigate their dangerous world, confront the temptations of forbidden love, and never once let their guard down, lest the evil undead make Lissa one of them forever . . .



I've read this one long long long time ago, when I was still in elementary school and honestly I  managed to forget what it was about. And oh boy.

I have the track from Audible and the  way it was narrated made me fall in love with Russian accent and especially Dmitri! (At the end of the book I was like...please love me? And say that name again....) I mean even if the narrator was a woman I was transfixed by the voice. It was a masterpiece.

The snark comments exchanged between Rose and Dmitri made it hard to listen to the book on public transport because it was hard for me not to smile at it. 
Dmitri is a complex and hard to comprehend character but as the end of the book was nearing I started to understand him better and actually even like him. Damn that Russian accent and..that end. Made me almost cry teh way it was narrated.
I liked how Rose was the only one that really understood what it was to take on the responsibility and that she knew that she had to do in order to protect Lisa. Even if she made few mistakes that resulted in them arguing. The author showed the true meaning of friendship, when they overcame their problems and talked to each other again.

I'm looking forward to jumping into the next book in the series and hell I want DMITRI to get together with ROSE. I don't give a freaking damn about their regulations, they are one of my OTP now. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment