04 October, 2015

Sky Ghosts: All for one ~ review

Format: E-book (.mobi) | 355 pages
File size: 1 346 KB 
Publication date: 07 Dec 2014
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

Goodreads  |  Amazon

Under the cover of night, unseen in their black gear against the black sky, there are Sky Ghosts - warriors and assassins, who have been hiding among humans for centuries, revealing their supernatural abilities only to the human elite. They are bodyguards of the highest level and protectors of their cities at night, when they hunt those who chose the dark side, Sky Beasts. In New York City, there are two fighters that Sky Beasts hate more than anyone - Jane and Pain, two sisters who don't think twice about beheading a Beast or two. One night, they save two boys from their enemies' blades, and since that moment, their lives are effectively ruined. The whole Sky Beasts gang is now after them, and not only the boys are in danger, but everybody the sisters love and care about. As a war threatens to break out, the main mystery remains unsolved: why would the Beasts hunt two ordinary human boys?


Over all this book was great if I look at it as a whole. But there were some parts I didn't like very much. Still it is a great read, last few chapters kept me reading it, despite the fact I have to study for tests!

Alright so the prologue was really impressive, leaving me in guesses who wants what with whom. And it helped me to get involved with the book. Yet there was a bit too big time gap between the first chapter and the prologue, had me confused for a while of what's going on. One thing I would like to point out is that there was excessive use of the word reverie at the very beginning. But to be honest it got better later on and i can't blame the author. I couldn't come up with many synonyms I would use instead of it.
Characters were believable, had flaws, perfectly developed. There was a variety of them. The one that is mysterious, one you can't do anything about but simply love, and there are also those you simply hate. (Take it Dave, you simple moron! I can't recall him doing anything helpful for the entirety of the book.)
Descriptions didn't take long to create pictures in my mind. Simple is sometimes the best. I liked how she moved from action to calmness and then to romance between the characters. Looks like Chad and Pain are going to be one of my OTPs. (silly face) , also Ryan and Jane..pity she doesn't see it.

To conclude. Yes I would read it again and Yes I would recommend it to other Young Adult readers. Pity is you can't have a physical copy. The cover is so beautiful and i can't wait to hop into the #1.5 book about Marco. I already fell in love with him in the first book. And  I would like to say huge thanks for the author sending it to me, big hugs. Without that comment on Goodreads I wouldn't have even come across this amazing series!

No comments:

Post a Comment