25 October, 2016

Zaklínač: Posledné prianie (The Witcher: The last wish) ~ Review

Format: Paperback
Size: 115×171×28mm
Publication date: 2011
Language: Czech
Publisher: LEONARDO




Geralt of Rivia is a witcher a cunning sorcerer, a merciless assassin and a cold-blooded killer.His sole purpose: to destroy the monsters that plague the world.But not everything monstrous-looking is evil, and not everything fair is good and in every fairy tale there is a grain of truth.Don t miss the international hit that inspired the video game "The Witcher."






1/2




Ah! Finally! My friend will be ecstatic when she hears I managed to finish one of her books that I'd borrowed. The reason why I did borrow it? Well my dear readers, I've played the games and I wanted to read it just beacuse it was based on it, and what a better opportunity than seeing it on my friend's shelf, right?

This brings me to the thing I struggled the most with. I compared it a lot to the game and I have to say that Geralt in book is just as intriguing silent type as in the game, but the book one seems more compassionate. Also it was a tad chaotic for me. I thought that Marrigold was Tris (a witch according to game) and Dandelion was a minstrel but in the book Marrigold was a musician? I was so confused.

As the book is just a bunch of short stories put together and not one consistent story I missed the fluidity of the text. I'm not saying it's wrong I just wasn't used to such 'time holes' as you could say. And it reminded me of Once Upon a Time show because I recognised one of the stories as Beauty and the Beast  but slightly modified version of it.

Anyways, the czech language made it a tad difficult read, because I know they tend to translate as much as they do and I don't know all the words, but I was quite satisfied. The book gave some insight into the Witcher world and how Geralt met certain people.

No comments:

Post a Comment