18 August, 2016

Sky Ghosts: The night before ~ review

Format: Ebook (.mobi)
Size: 2000 KB
Publication date: 03 Aug 2016
Language: English
Publisher: Amazon


For centuries, Sky Ghosts have been hiding their differences from humans, living among them in secret. Their powers, skills, and the gift of flight turned them into the best protectors the human elite could ever have. But for every one of them who believes in fair work and duty, there are ten more who use their power to prey on the weak and avoid justice. They're called Sky Beasts, and the war between them and the New York Sky Ghosts Headquarters has reached a fevered pitch.

Patricia aka Pain is known as the “kill first, ask questions later” kind of girl. An urban legend at twenty-one, she helps to secure the Headquarters’ future in her own way - by slaughtering Beasts in between working bodyguard jobs. When a certain gang leader resurfaces on the gloomy Brooklyn outskirts, she makes a plan, which includes her big sword, her best friend, and good old improvisation.
There’s only one minor detail - it all sounds too good to not be a trap.




Yet again this book was sent to me for an honest review, but you can still get it for free on Amazon and boy should you do it! This book is just a something I would call a Prologue to the Sky Ghost series, but despite it shortness it isn't lacking anything any other books have.

It was stunning, it was funny with the all present humor of the characters which won't disappoint you ever. I had hard time to keep the grin of my face while reading the short story in public. Also the storytelling was great and I have to say I put down another book I have been reading just to finish this one because it was so much captivating, much appreciated page-turner.

The descriptions and dialogues didn't lack a thing and were every bit hilarious. I know I'm repeating myself but there are no other words I would say about this book. Maybe the rollercoaster of emotions especially my concern over one specific character (you know which one, Engellmann!!! I still didn't get over it >.<)

Anyway, I would recommend this book to kids, although I'm not sure if there was any foul language used, would have to check. But go read it if you haven't, it's so much worth it. Besides it's FREE guys PREVIEW ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment